Using endoscopic, catheter-based technology, Balloon Sinuplasty treats chronic sinusitis. If you have undergo repeated rounds of antibiotics and other medications but still stuffer from sinusitis regularly, you may be a candidate for this type of surgery.
Balloon catheters are FDA-approved, specialized instruments that can be used to enlarge the natural opening of the sinuses and restore normal draining. The balloon dilates the sinuses without cutting, bleeding or crusting. Once the sinus balloon is inflated, it gently restructures and widens the walls of the nasal passageways while maintaining the integrity of the sinus lining.
The procedure may be performed in office or under brief anesthesia. There is virtually no discomfort or recovery time afterward.
Benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty
- Safe and effective: Clinical research indicates that Balloon Sinuplasty involves minimal risks.
- Minimally invasive: The procedure is performed entirely through the nostrils, and in many cases, can open the sinuses without removing tissue or bone.
- Reduced bleeding: Because in many instances no bone or tissue is removed, reduced bleeding is associated with the procedure.
- Improved recovery time: While recovery time varies, most patients return to normal activities within 24 hours.
- Doesn’t limit treatment options: Balloon Sinuplasty can be used with other medical therapies and doesn’t limit future treatment options if you have a progressive disease.
As with any surgical procedure, there are risks and benefits. During your visit with Northwest ENT Surgery Center, we will discuss your options including other medications and sinus surgery procedures.
Call Northwest ENT Surgery Center at (678) 483-8833 to schedule your appointment today.